Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please visit https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/ where you can enter your details and obtain a certificate of eligibility. You will need to create an account (Select Essex as the Local Authority and use the dropdown menu to find The Bishops’ C of E & R C Primary School CM1 6ZQ). Alternatively, please complete this form and email to email@example.com.
Children in reception, year 1 and year 2 automatically get free school meals. This is called Universal infant free school meals (UIFSM) and you do not need to apply for it. However, if you are a low income family (in receipt of any of the above benefits) please let us know, as we will be eligible to apply for more funding to support the provision of education for children in the school.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until 31st March 2022 or until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in.